Sun Community Federal Credit Union was organized on March 9, 1954, as the Imperial Valley U.S. Employees Federal Credit Union, with ten charter members. Over the years, the field of membership was enlarged. In January 1968, the name was changed to Government Agencies Federal Credit Union. Mergers followed, with IMPCO Federal Credit Union in October 1980 and Imperial Community Federal Credit Union in August 1991, as well as the purchase of Borrego Springs Bank in July 2001. In September 2002, we officially changed our name to Sun Community Federal Credit Union to better serve the people of the Imperial County. 62 years later, following our merger with Palm Springs Federal Credit Union in August 2015, and further expanding into Riverside County, Sun Community has 10 branches and serves over 36,000 members who live, work, worship, or volunteer in Imperial or Riverside County.